I have a problem with a before trigger raising a heap_mark4update error. It
happens when there are many updates on the same key. OIDs are off
presumably? Am running 7.3.2 on RH 7.3. Have looked around the archives
and found nothing useful - a mention of a known issue and a potential patch?
Or suggestions that vacuum will sporadically clean it up.

I have hack in place - not a long term solution.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

-Marie

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Aug 28, 2003 at 3:43 am

    "Marie G. Tuite" <marie.tuite@edisonaffiliates.com> writes:
    I have a problem with a before trigger raising a heap_mark4update error. It
    happens when there are many updates on the same key. OIDs are off
    presumably? Am running 7.3.2 on RH 7.3. Have looked around the archives
    and found nothing useful - a mention of a known issue and a potential patch?
    Is this the same issue described at
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-03/msg01099.php
    ? If so, update to 7.3.4.

    regards, tom lane
  • Marie G. Tuite at Aug 28, 2003 at 3:18 pm
    Same issue - are there rpms anywhere for 7.3.4?

    Thanks.

    I have a problem with a before trigger raising a heap_mark4update error. It
    happens when there are many updates on the same key. OIDs are off
    presumably? Am running 7.3.2 on RH 7.3. Have looked around the archives
    and found nothing useful - a mention of a known issue and a potential
    patch?

    Is this the same issue described at
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-03/msg01099.php
    ? If so, update to 7.3.4.

    regards, tom lane

  • Robert Treat at Aug 29, 2003 at 2:24 pm
    http://developer.postgresql.org/ftpsite/binary/v7.3.4/RPMS/

    Robert Treat
    Same issue - are there rpms anywhere for 7.3.4?

    Thanks.

    I have a problem with a before trigger raising a heap_mark4update error. It
    happens when there are many updates on the same key. OIDs are off
    presumably? Am running 7.3.2 on RH 7.3. Have looked around the archives
    and found nothing useful - a mention of a known issue and a potential
    patch?

    Is this the same issue described at
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-03/msg01099.php
    ? If so, update to 7.3.4.