WARNING: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function issuewomaterial
WARNING: line 40 at SQL statement

Search Discussions

  • Ned Lilly at Jan 27, 2003 at 4:07 pm
    ps - this is on 7.3.1. It never happened on 7.2.3...

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Ned Lilly" <ned@nedscape.com>
    To: "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
    Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 11:04 AM
    Subject: [HACKERS] urgent: db corruption - invalid TIDs?

    Has anyone seen this behavior? It's corrupted a production database.

    ERROR: heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid
    WARNING: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function issuewomaterial
    WARNING: line 40 at SQL statement
  • Robert Treat at Jan 27, 2003 at 4:32 pm
    I don't know if this is terribly helpful, but the message was around in
    7.2.x, look at src/backend/access/heap/heapam.c around line 1808 (or
    1823 in the 7.3.x code)

    That said, I've not seen it before, perhaps you can expand upon what
    your function is doing?

    Robert Treat
    ps - this is on 7.3.1. It never happened on 7.2.3...

    Has anyone seen this behavior? It's corrupted a production database.

    ERROR: heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid
    WARNING: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function issuewomaterial
    WARNING: line 40 at SQL statement

  • Justin Clift at Jan 27, 2003 at 4:08 pm

    Ned Lilly wrote:
    Has anyone seen this behavior? It's corrupted a production database.
    Hi Ned,

    Just as information filler, which version of PostgreSQL, and which
    operating system?

    :-)

    Regards and best wishes,

    Justin Clift
    ERROR: heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid
    WARNING: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function issuewomaterial
    WARNING: line 40 at SQL statement

    - Indira Gandhi
  • Ned Lilly at Jan 27, 2003 at 4:37 pm
    We've done a bit more digging, and think we understand the problem. Looks like 7.3.1 is just now taking advantage of a performance flag that has been ignored up to now. The error message is a bit unclear.

    When we close this out internally, we'll document our findings to the list. So, in short, "never mind."

    Thanks,
    NL

    ps - this is on 7.3.1. It never happened on 7.2.3...

    Has anyone seen this behavior? It's corrupted a production database.

    ERROR: heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid
    WARNING: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function issuewomaterial
    WARNING: line 40 at SQL statement

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 27, '03 at 4:05p