Hi Guys,

I emailed a few people to try to get some platform reports. What was the
solution to this problem? It was AWK or something wasn't it? Will Martin
have to try RC1?

Chris
We are trying to get our supported platforms list together, and so far we
have not had any platform reports for NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris
x86 or some
of the rarer Linux architectures.
I've compiled PostgreSQL 7.3b5 on Solaris X86 and I did a 'make check'
but it ran only 13 tests. I vaguely remember there were a lot more
last time. Let me know if there is something else I need to run.

Platform: Solaris 8/X86
Compiler: GCC 2.95.3

/bin/sh ./pg_regress --temp-install --top-builddir=../../..
--schedule=./parallel_schedule --multibyte=SQL_ASCII
============== creating temporary installation ==============
============== initializing database system ==============
============== starting postmaster ==============
running on port 65432 with pid 21190
============== creating database "regression" ==============
CREATE DATABASE
ALTER DATABASE
============== dropping regression test user accounts ==============
============== installing PL/pgSQL ==============
============== running regression test queries ==============
parallel group (13 tests): name boolean float4 text char int2
int8 varchar int4 oid float8 bit numeric
boolean ... ok
char ... ok
name ... ok
varchar ... ok
text ... ok
int2 ... ok
int4 ... ok
int8 ... ok
oid ... ok
float4 ... ok
float8 ... ok
bit ... ok
numeric ... ok
============== shutting down postmaster ==============

======================
All 13 tests passed.
======================

rm regress.o
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/devel/current/postgresql-7.3b5/src/test/regress'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/devel/current/postgresql-7.3b5/src/test'
parkcity$

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Nov 15, 2002 at 1:52 am
    It was Solaris awk. The fix will be in RC1.

    http://archives.postgresql.org
    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001