Hello,

I'd like to contribute new code for Postgres geometry type 'path' operations
(including line buffer). Where should I send this?

-----------
Alex Shevlakov,
Motivation Free Software consulting,
Moscow, Russia
-----------

http://motivation.ru

Search Discussions

  • Thomas Lockhart at May 7, 2002 at 2:19 pm

    I'd like to contribute new code for Postgres geometry type 'path' operations
    (including line buffer). Where should I send this?
    Send to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org. It may be helpful to (i.e. please
    do) post a summary of what you are intending to send to this mailing
    list so folks have an idea of what is coming...

    Regards.

    - Tom
  • Christopher Kings-Lynne at May 8, 2002 at 2:05 am
    And remember to use 'cvs diff -c' to generate context sensitive diffs
    against CVS...

    Chris

    I'd like to contribute new code for Postgres geometry type
    'path' operations
    (including line buffer). Where should I send this?
    Send to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org. It may be helpful to (i.e. please
    do) post a summary of what you are intending to send to this mailing
    list so folks have an idea of what is coming...

    Regards.

    - Tom

  • Alex Shevlakov at May 8, 2002 at 8:05 am
    New 'path' functions (test results can be found at http://motivation.ru/grass/buff_q_example.html):

    There are not many (as my task was only limited to extending GRASS vector
    capabilities to buffering):

    /*check if a point is within buffer of line*/
    Datum path_buffer_contain_pt(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);

    /*removes multiple repeated points from path*/
    Datum path_without_doubles (PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
    static PATH * path_no_dbles(PATH *path);

    /*returns closed path which is buffer to another path*/
    Datum return_path_buffer(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);

    /*used to insert points along circle segment between two ends of non-intersecting buffer segments, smoothing the buffer*/
    static Point * point_rotate (Point *lpoint, Point *ax_point, float ang,
    int k, int n, int napr);

    /*writes path to arcinfo UNGENERATE format which is particularly useful for viewing buffer in GRASS*/
    Datum write_path_to_file(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
    int write_path_to_file_internal(PATH *path, char *str );

    /*generalize path,i.e., leave each third, or fourth, etc., point*/
    Datum reduce_path_points(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
    static PATH *path_reduce(PATH * path, int n_reduce);
    I'd like to contribute new code for Postgres geometry type 'path' operations
    (including line buffer). Where should I send this?
    Send to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org. It may be helpful to (i.e. please
    do) post a summary of what you are intending to send to this mailing
    list so folks have an idea of what is coming...

    Regards.

    - Tom
  • Bruce Momjian at Jun 3, 2002 at 7:32 pm
    Sorry, I am just getting to this. I have the patch in my email box too.

    Can you explain what "buffer of line" is? I want to know if it is of
    general usefulness.

    Alex Shevlakov wrote:
[...]

    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000
  • Bruce Momjian at Jun 12, 2002 at 9:29 pm
    I am not sure that this has enough general interest to be included in
    our code. If you make a loadable module, we can add it to our web site.