I installed PostgreSQL 7.1 in NT then installed Cygwin then found
Cygwin contained PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL worked but the install was
long and needed lots of things not in the documentations. Later I
deleted PostgreSQL and Cygwin because the project was finished and the
result moved to a production server.

Now I am trying to install PostgreSQL 7.2 so I can try SQL-ledger.
This time I tried the Cygwin approach. None of the documentation
works. There are many sets of incomplete notes in different files.
Each refers to another file. It seems impossible to either follow the
NT documentation or to install Cygwin then follow the Unix
documentation.

Does anyone use the Cygwin install or does everyone install the
PostgreSQL Win32 download? Where do the PostgreSQL NT users hang out?

Search Discussions

  • Samik Raychauhduri at Feb 21, 2002 at 7:40 am
    Check out comp.databases.postgresql.ports.cygwin
    Cheers
    -Samik

    peter@helpnet_BUT_NOT_SPAM.com.au wrote:
    I installed PostgreSQL 7.1 in NT then installed Cygwin then found
    Cygwin contained PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL worked but the install was
    long and needed lots of things not in the documentations. Later I
    deleted PostgreSQL and Cygwin because the project was finished and the
    result moved to a production server.

    Now I am trying to install PostgreSQL 7.2 so I can try SQL-ledger.
    This time I tried the Cygwin approach. None of the documentation
    works. There are many sets of incomplete notes in different files.
    Each refers to another file. It seems impossible to either follow the
    NT documentation or to install Cygwin then follow the Unix
    documentation.

    Does anyone use the Cygwin install or does everyone install the
    PostgreSQL Win32 download? Where do the PostgreSQL NT users hang out?

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 20, '02 at 11:40p
activeFeb 21, '02 at 7:40a
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Anonymous: 1 post Samik Raychauhduri: 1 post