I have been asked to run pgindent in preparation for beta starting
tomorrow. In this run, I will also reformat the jdbc files as agreed to
by the jdbc list. I don't have much time to wait before starting the
pgindent run. I hope people don't have outstanding patches sitting
around.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000

  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 25, 2001 at 12:34 am
    OK, I see my email got through to the list. Running pgindent now and
    will commit changes.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000
  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 25, 2001 at 6:02 am
    I have run pgindent on the C files and run pgjindent on the jdbc files
    as requested by the jdbc list. You can package up beta now. I will
    update the HISTORY file tomorrow with recent changes.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000
  • Tom Lane at Oct 25, 2001 at 12:46 pm

    Bruce Momjian writes:
    I have run pgindent on the C files and run pgjindent on the jdbc files
    as requested by the jdbc list. You can package up beta now. I will
    update the HISTORY file tomorrow with recent changes.
    Please hold on that packaging until I add the int2<->int8 cast functions
    that Philip pointed out pg_dump needs. Will have it done in an hour or
    two.

    regards, tom lane
  • Marc G. Fournier at Oct 25, 2001 at 12:55 pm
    D'oh ...

    Okay, will hold off on packaging, but have already tag'd it ...

    If we aren'g putting that Packaging stuff into v7.2, can we get it into
    beta as contrib also? Before I do the first packagingof the beta?
    I have run pgindent on the C files and run pgjindent on the jdbc files
    as requested by the jdbc list. You can package up beta now. I will
    update the HISTORY file tomorrow with recent changes.
    Please hold on that packaging until I add the int2<->int8 cast functions
    that Philip pointed out pg_dump needs. Will have it done in an hour or
    two.

    regards, tom lane
  • Tom Lane at Oct 25, 2001 at 1:39 pm

    "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
    If we aren'g putting that Packaging stuff into v7.2, can we get it into
    beta as contrib also? Before I do the first packagingof the beta?
    Uh ... what?

    I just meant to wait a little bit on wrapping the tarball while I make
    this last(?) catalog update. I don't know of anything that should go
    into contrib.

    I saw you updated the version tag in configure, but aren't there three
    or four other places that need work to brand the version number?

    regards, tom lane
  • Marc G. Fournier at Oct 25, 2001 at 1:43 pm

    If we aren'g putting that Packaging stuff into v7.2, can we get it into
    beta as contrib also? Before I do the first packagingof the beta?
    Uh ... what?

    I just meant to wait a little bit on wrapping the tarball while I make
    this last(?) catalog update. I don't know of anything that should go
    into contrib.

    I saw you updated the version tag in configure, but aren't there three
    or four other places that need work to brand the version number?
    Not that I've ever changed ... I know that Bruce does a bunch of docs
    related stuff, like in HISTORY and whatnot ...
  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 25, 2001 at 3:51 pm

    If we aren'g putting that Packaging stuff into v7.2, can we get it into
    beta as contrib also? Before I do the first packagingof the beta?
    Uh ... what?

    I just meant to wait a little bit on wrapping the tarball while I make
    this last(?) catalog update. I don't know of anything that should go
    into contrib.

    I saw you updated the version tag in configure, but aren't there three
    or four other places that need work to brand the version number?
    Not that I've ever changed ... I know that Bruce does a bunch of docs
    related stuff, like in HISTORY and whatnot ...
    I noticed that SELECT version() shows:

    test=> select version();
    version
    PostgreSQL 7.2devel on i386-pc-bsdi4.2, compiled by GCC 2.95.2
    ^^^^^
    (1 row)

    I see this in configure.in and am applying a patch to make it 7.2.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000
  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 25, 2001 at 4:03 pm

    If we aren'g putting that Packaging stuff into v7.2, can we get it into
    beta as contrib also? Before I do the first packagingof the beta?
    Uh ... what?

    I just meant to wait a little bit on wrapping the tarball while I make
    this last(?) catalog update. I don't know of anything that should go
    into contrib.

    I saw you updated the version tag in configure, but aren't there three
    or four other places that need work to brand the version number?
    Not that I've ever changed ... I know that Bruce does a bunch of docs
    related stuff, like in HISTORY and whatnot ...
    Looks like Marc already got configure.in:

    VERSION='7.2b1'

    I will work on HISTORY now but you don't have to wait for me for beta1.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000
  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 27, 2001 at 12:05 pm
    I recently ran pgindent, which had some fixes from the 7.1 version that
    were suggested by Tom Lane. Unfortunately, some of my fixes had bad
    side effects, and I would like to run pgindent again to correct those
    problems Tom has found.

    The changes should be minimal, mostly related to indenting of
    struct/enum and whitespace before single-line comments. I forgot to add
    the ODBC symbols to pgindent so I need to rerun ODBC anyway. JDBC will
    not be effected.

    If I don't hear any objections, I will run it in 12 hours. Thanks.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000
  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 28, 2001 at 6:24 am
    All done. Thanks guys.
    I recently ran pgindent, which had some fixes from the 7.1 version that
    were suggested by Tom Lane. Unfortunately, some of my fixes had bad
    side effects, and I would like to run pgindent again to correct those
    problems Tom has found.

    The changes should be minimal, mostly related to indenting of
    struct/enum and whitespace before single-line comments. I forgot to add
    the ODBC symbols to pgindent so I need to rerun ODBC anyway. JDBC will
    not be effected.

    If I don't hear any objections, I will run it in 12 hours. Thanks.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000

    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us