If removing artificial limitiations and improving 24/7 usability were
considerations for 7.1 and 7.2, what will be the focus for 7.3?

Personally, I would like to see the SQL features completed, ie:

ADD PRIMARY KEY
SET NULL / SET NOT NULL
DROP COLUMN
DROP PRIMARY KEY
DROP UNIQUE
DROP FOREIGN KEY

I plan to work on all of these (except DROP COLUMN!), but my time is
somewhat limited these days.

What will everyone else be doing, particularly now that Great Bridge is
gone?

Chris

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Sep 17, 2001 at 2:41 am

    If removing artificial limitiations and improving 24/7 usability were
    considerations for 7.1 and 7.2, what will be the focus for 7.3?
    Whatever people want to work on. The above-stated descriptions of 7.1
    and 7.2 work aren't bad, but they are after-the-fact summaries of what
    got done, not plans agreed on in advance. I learned awhile ago that
    trying to herd this bunch of cats is pointless ;-)

    FWIW, I think that schemas and tablespaces will be near the top of my
    own priority list.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql