Simon Riggs wrote:
Tom Lane
Re: [pgsql-hackers-pitr] Proposals for PITR
"Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
The general PITR recovery scenario requires:
A - Take a full database backup
B - Take regular log file backups
C - Restore a full backup of a database.
Note that pg_dump has absolutely zero to do with this. The base for a
PITR recovery scenario has to be a physical dump, not a logical dump;
else WAL replay won't work.
Yes, I agree, I only included it because it was on the TODO. I'll cut it
out of the further thinking on PITR, in case it confuses the issue in
design/usage.
I removed the pg_dump mention on the web page. Thanks.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

grouppgsql-hackers-pitr @