Hello
If I do this from pgAdmin on windows to my localhost database 9.2 it works fine
CREATE COLLATION Test (
LOCALE = 'en_US.UTF-8'
)

If I connect to a linux server and do the sameI get
ERROR: syntax error at or near "COLLATION"
LINE 1: CREATE COLLATION Test (

On linux we have version string
PostgreSQL 9.0.3 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
On my windows computer I have PostgreSQL 9.2.1

Does anyone have some ideas what the problem might be.

We get the same error if we run psql (with the same create collation query) under linux too.

Thanks
Niklas

Search Discussions

  • Raymond O'Donnell at Oct 3, 2012 at 7:41 pm

    If I do this from pgAdmin on windows to my localhost database 9.2 it
    works fine
    CREATE COLLATION Test (

    LOCALE = 'en_US.UTF-8'

    )

    If I connect to a linux server and do the sameI get

    ERROR: syntax error at or near "COLLATION"

    LINE 1: CREATE COLLATION Test (

    On linux we have version string

    PostgreSQL 9.0.3 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

    On my windows computer I have PostgreSQL 9.2.1

    Does anyone have some ideas what the problem might be.

    A quick look at the docs indicates that CREATE COLLATION doesn't exist
    in 9.0; it was introduced in 9.1.

    Ray.

    --
    Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland