Hi

I want to pg_dump only a select amount of rows from a table and restore them
to a table on another server.

Is there away to do this? I thought of using a view but how would I upload
that into a specific table. Copy? or is there something I can do with
pg_restore.

Rebecca

Search Discussions

  • Scott Marlowe at Aug 15, 2011 at 1:47 pm

    I want to pg_dump only a select amount of rows from a table and restore them
    to a table on another server.
    Is there away to do this? I thought of using a view but how would I upload
    that into a specific table.  Copy? or is there something I can do with
    pg_restore.
    You want to combine copy and select like so:

    copy (select * from table where ...) to stdout;

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 15, '11 at 12:10p
activeAug 15, '11 at 1:47p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Rebecca Clarke: 1 post Scott Marlowe: 1 post