Hello all,
I am testing a backup and restore of a db in version 7.4.30. During the
restore, after successfully restoring many BLOBS, I get the following error:

pg_restore: restoring large object OID 318907
pg_restore: restoring large object OID 318909
pg_restore: restoring large object OID 318911
pg_restore: [archiver] could not write to large object (result: 4294967295,
expected: 32768)
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

What does it mean that the archiver "could not write" to the large
object? How can I find out more information about the object in question
(and possibly delete it)?

Thanks,
Chris

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Jul 17, 2011 at 3:17 pm

    Chris McCormick writes:
    I am testing a backup and restore of a db in version 7.4.30. During the
    restore, after successfully restoring many BLOBS, I get the following error:
    How many is "many"?
    pg_restore: restoring large object OID 318907
    pg_restore: restoring large object OID 318909
    pg_restore: restoring large object OID 318911
    pg_restore: [archiver] could not write to large object (result: 4294967295,
    expected: 32768)
    pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
    What does it mean that the archiver "could not write" to the large
    object? How can I find out more information about the object in question
    (and possibly delete it)?
    Try looking into the postmaster log to see if there's any corresponding
    failure logged on the server side.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 17, '11 at 11:44a
activeJul 17, '11 at 3:17p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Tom Lane: 1 post Chris McCormick: 1 post