I am trying to backup a single schema only, without any other database
objects such as extensions. pg_dump however always includes
extensions, even with the --schema=schema option specified (see below
for example). Is there a workaround for this?

Cheers,

Adrian

--
-- TOC entry 20 (class 3079 OID 11673)
-- Name: plpgsql; Type: EXTENSION; Schema: -; Owner: -

CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS plpgsql WITH SCHEMA pg_catalog;

--
-- TOC entry 2978 (class 0 OID 0)
-- Dependencies: 20

COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql IS 'PL/pgSQL procedural language';

--
-- TOC entry 19 (class 3079 OID 35645)
-- Name: adminpack; Type: EXTENSION; Schema: -; Owner: -

CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS adminpack WITH SCHEMA pg_catalog;

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at May 25, 2011 at 8:28 pm

    Adrian Schreyer writes:
    I am trying to backup a single schema only, without any other database
    objects such as extensions. pg_dump however always includes
    extensions, even with the --schema=schema option specified (see below
    for example). Is there a workaround for this?
    I've applied a patch to fix this behavior. Thanks for the report!

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedMay 24, '11 at 8:29a
activeMay 25, '11 at 8:28p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Tom Lane: 1 post Adrian Schreyer: 1 post