FAQ
Hi,

Id like to familiarize with postgresql and looking for a decent CBT but not able to find it. Could someone help pls?

Sent from my iPhone

Search Discussions

  • Scott Marlowe at May 24, 2011 at 2:33 pm

    On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:05 AM, wrote:
    Hi,

    Id like to familiarize with postgresql and looking for a decent CBT but not able to find it. Could someone help pls?
    CBT? Please define.
  • Vivek Khera at May 24, 2011 at 2:37 pm

    On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
    Id like to familiarize with postgresql and looking for a decent CBT but not able to find it. Could someone help pls?
    CBT?  Please define.

    my guess is computer based training.
  • Scott Marlowe at May 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

    On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Vick Khera wrote:
    On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
    Id like to familiarize with postgresql and looking for a decent CBT but not able to find it. Could someone help pls?
    CBT?  Please define.

    my guess is computer based training.
    Oh good. My first response from google, with safe search turned off,
    was much more distressing... :)
  • Reid Thompson at May 24, 2011 at 3:01 pm

    On 05/24/2011 10:49 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
    Oh good. My first response from google, with safe search turned off,
    was much more distressing...
    in other news, google trends for cbt just jumped
  • Greg Smith at May 25, 2011 at 2:06 am

    On 05/24/2011 10:49 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
    On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Vick Kherawrote:
    On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Scott Marlowewrote:
    Id like to familiarize with postgresql and looking for a decent CBT but not able to find it. Could someone help pls?
    CBT? Please define.
    my guess is computer based training.
    Oh good. My first response from google, with safe search turned off,
    was much more distressing... :
    Cognitive behavioral therapy is only necessary for people migrating to
    PostgreSQL after using Access as if it were a database for too long.
    That's a very specific type of post-traumatic stress disorder, and mild
    cases can be treated with CBT. Severe cases will instead require ECT,
    aka electroshock.

    --
    Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
    PostgreSQL Training, Services, and 24x7 Support www.2ndQuadrant.us
  • Markus Wanner at May 24, 2011 at 2:35 pm

    On 05/24/2011 08:05 AM, sade_in@yahoo.com wrote:
    Id like to familiarize with postgresql and looking for a decent CBT but not able to find it. Could someone help pls?
    And CBT is? (First hit on Google reads "Cognitive behavioral therapy",
    but I somehow doubt that's what you are interested in...)

    Regards

    Markus Wanner
  • Adrian Klaver at May 24, 2011 at 2:38 pm

    On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:35:02 am Markus Wanner wrote:
    On 05/24/2011 08:05 AM, sade_in@yahoo.com wrote:
    Id like to familiarize with postgresql and looking for a decent CBT but
    not able to find it. Could someone help pls?
    And CBT is? (First hit on Google reads "Cognitive behavioral therapy",
    but I somehow doubt that's what you are interested in...)

    Regards

    Markus Wanner
    Computer Based Training is what I believe the OP is after.

    --
    Adrian Klaver
    adrian.klaver@gmail.com
  • Sade_in at May 24, 2011 at 4:31 pm
    Hi,

    Yes. Computer based training.

    Thanks

    Sent from my iPhone
    On 25/05/2011, at 0:38, Adrian Klaver wrote:
    On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:35:02 am Markus Wanner wrote:
    On 05/24/2011 08:05 AM, sade_in@yahoo.com wrote:
    Id like to familiarize with postgresql and looking for a decent CBT but
    not able to find it. Could someone help pls?
    And CBT is? (First hit on Google reads "Cognitive behavioral therapy",
    but I somehow doubt that's what you are interested in...)

    Regards

    Markus Wanner
    Computer Based Training is what I believe the OP is after.

    --
    Adrian Klaver
    adrian.klaver@gmail.com
  • Fork at May 24, 2011 at 5:02 pm

    <sade_in <at> yahoo.com> writes:


    Hi,

    Yes. Computer based training.
    A psql prompt and the excellent postgresql documentation?

    (Sorry to be flip, but typing in examples and fixing mistakes and tweaking input
    was how I learned... Hopefully one of the consulting guys on the list will come
    back with exactly what you want, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I would also
    search for postgresql on Youtube...)
  • Reid Thompson at May 24, 2011 at 5:16 pm

    On 05/24/2011 01:02 PM, fork wrote:
    A psql prompt and the excellent postgresql documentation?
    if you're concerned about mucking something up, download a postgresql livecd
  • Greg Smith at May 25, 2011 at 2:25 am

    On 05/24/2011 02:05 AM, sade_in@yahoo.com wrote:
    Id like to familiarize with postgresql and looking for a decent CBT but not able to find it.
    Most PostgreSQL training happens in one of the following ways:

    -Self-learning using the manual or one of the PostgreSQL books
    -In-person training at shared classrooms or on-site at companies who
    hire a trainer
    -Training offered as part of the many PostgreSQL conferences
    -Webcasts of training material

    You can find many of the schedules for these at
    http://www.postgresql.org/about/eventarchive , books are at
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/ , and the large manual is at
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/

    The closest thing to CBT I know of are the videos recorded of past
    conference and user's group sessions. See
    http://vimeo.com/channels/postgres and
    http://fosslc.org/drupal/category/community/databases/postgresql for
    some samples.

    --
    Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
    PostgreSQL Training, Services, and 24x7 Support www.2ndQuadrant.us

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedMay 24, '11 at 6:06a
activeMay 25, '11 at 2:25a
posts12
users8
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase