Hi there,
I would to configure a multinode PostgreSQL system using streaming
replication. In my mind, I would have a base configuration with a master
node and more than one slaves in streaming replication.

I have no difficult to imagine start situation, but my problems come when
master fails: if my slaves receive strems from the master, when this fails
is there a manner to change connection_info in recovery.conf and change
server to a new master?

Is there a manner to reload recovery.conf without restart nodes?

Or the only solution of this situation is that all slaves became "masters"?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Meph

  • Gabriele Bartolini at May 9, 2011 at 1:44 pm
    Hi,

    I would to configure a multinode PostgreSQL system using streaming
    replication. In my mind, I would have a base configuration with a master
    node and more than one slaves in streaming replication. Cool.
    I have no difficult to imagine start situation, but my problems come when
    master fails: if my slaves receive strems from the master, when this fails
    is there a manner to change connection_info in recovery.conf and change
    server to a new master?
    I suggest that you look at repmgr, an open-source tool for managing
    replication the we are currently writing
    (http://projects.2ndquadrant.com/repmgr) which should make this kind of
    things much easier for you.

    Cheers,
    Gabriele

    --
    Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
    gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedMay 9, '11 at 7:18a
activeMay 9, '11 at 1:44p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Mephysto: 1 post Gabriele Bartolini: 1 post