Just upgraded my 8.4.2 installation to 9.0.3 on Mac OS 10.6 using the Enterprise one-click installer. Everything went smoothly, except:

The installer asked me for the postgres password, but PG wouldn't accept it later on. I'm pretty sure i didn't mistype it. Have seen this a number of times on different machines. Had to change the password via the passwd utility. Anyone else seen this?

Maximilian Tyrtania Software-Entwicklung
Dessauer Str. 6-7
10969 Berlin
http://www.contactking.de

Search Discussions

  • Sachin Srivastava at Feb 13, 2011 at 6:47 pm
    The postgres account created on your OS is locked account (without any password) for security reasons. The password asked during installation is your database superuser password (used to connect to database).
    Thus on your MAC you can login to postgres account as "sudo su postgres".