Hello all- I am using psql from the command line in an Ubuntu
environment, and I'd like to setup (if possible) some sort of client
configuration for myself that sets some environment variables, mainly
client_min_messages. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

--
Wells Oliver
Developer, Baseball Systems

Search Discussions

  • Adrian Klaver at Dec 21, 2010 at 12:51 am

    Hello all- I am using psql from the command line in an Ubuntu
    environment, and I'd like to setup (if possible) some sort of client
    configuration for myself that sets some environment variables, mainly
    client_min_messages. Is there a way to do this?

    Thanks.

    --
    Wells Oliver
    Developer, Baseball Systems
    San Diego Padres | 100 Park Boulevard | San Diego CA 92101
    From here:
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/app-psql.html
    "Unless it is passed an -X or -c option, psql attempts to read and execute
    commands from the system-wide psqlrc file and the user's ~/.psqlrc file before
    starting up. (On Windows, the user's startup file is
    named %APPDATA%\postgresql\psqlrc.conf.) See PREFIX/share/psqlrc.sample for
    information on setting up the system-wide file. It could be used to set up the
    client or the server to taste (using the \set and SET commands). "

    --
    Adrian Klaver
    adrian.klaver@gmail.com

    Hello all- I am using psql from the command line in an Ubuntu environment,
    and I’d like to setup (if possible) some sort of client configuration for
    myself that sets some environment variables, mainly client_min_messages. Is
    there a way to do this?
    alter user smarlowe set client_min_messages='debug';

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedDec 21, '10 at 12:42a
activeDec 21, '10 at 1:36a