ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

Search Discussions

  • Dann Corbit at Nov 5, 2010 at 8:12 pm
    From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org On Behalf Of mike stanton
    Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 12:08 PM
    To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
    Cc: mike stanton
    Subject: [GENERAL] Access postgresql data base from .net

    Hello all; we´ve got a project where we have a system built originally for .net/sql-server. Now we want to change sql-server for a postgresql database. And preferably without using the ODBC driver which we have heard is prone to errors.

    What specific errors did you hear about?
    I suggest testing the rumors. If there really is some problem, then submit a bug report.
    Sometimes, people want you to use their tools, and so they will exaggerate the problem with competitive tools.
    <<

    Is there a producto which we can use which does not imply a major rewrite of all the SQL ?.

    Probably most interface tools will work if you are using ISO standard SQL. Any place where you are using SQL language extensions you will have to do some work.
    You can find interfaces here:
    http://pgfoundry.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=310

    There are also a very large number of commercial interfaces for PostgreSQL available. You can find out about those here:
    http://www.sqlsummit.com/DataAcce.htm
    <<

    Obviously we may have problemas with differences between Sql-server and Postgresql syntax, but we don´t want to de a rewrite.

    What specific problems are you having?
    <<

    Hope to hear soon, any help appreciated.

    Mike Stanton W.
    Santiago Chile

    __________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la base de firmas de virus 5575 (20101029) __________

    ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

    http://www.eset.com
  • Mike stanton at Nov 5, 2010 at 9:39 pm
    Dann, perhaps the a better question would be.....if we use, for example, npgsql, we'd have to adapt code and use the tools own calls. And that means rewriting. Is this true?.

    Cheers
    Mike
[...]

  • Francisco Figueiredo Jr. at Nov 6, 2010 at 12:06 am
    We've made changes to support @ parameter prefix exactly to easy
    porting of sqlserver client queries to postgresql. This way you may
    need minimum changes to your code. Just to those specific sql calls.

[...]

    Npgsql Lead Developer
    http://www.npgsql.org
    http://fxjr.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/franciscojunior
  • John R Pierce at Nov 6, 2010 at 12:40 am