Yes, I'm using 7.4,12, I can't help it.
Is there a way to get the count of parameters to avoid overloading?

Thanks!
--
?* Ralph Smith*
Data Architech

Search Discussions

  • Scott Marlowe at Oct 8, 2010 at 3:37 am

    On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Ralph Smith wrote:
    Yes, I'm using 7.4,12, I can't help it.
    Is there a way to get the count of parameters to avoid overloading?
    Considering you can overload like this:

    functioname(arg1 int, arg2 int)
    functioname(arg1 text, arg2 bigint)

    and so on, parameter count won't get you out of it.

    Why avoiding overloading? You could put arg/count info in the name,
    then they'd be uniquely named and obvious for what they do, if
    awkwardly named.
    Thanks!
    --
     Ralph Smith
    Data Architech

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 8, '10 at 2:37a
activeOct 8, '10 at 3:37a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Ralph Smith: 1 post Scott Marlowe: 1 post