Steps to reproduce:

1. Ran latest pgAdmin in windows server 2005 Standard x64 Edition
2. Restore data to Postgres 9.0 linux server from 450 MB backup file if
only
SSL connection is enabled

After some time pg_restore reports that connection is closed.
server log is below.
How to restore 450 MB backup copy to Postgres 9.0 Linux server from
windows
server using SSL ?

Andrus.

LOG:  duration: 2643663.100 ms  statement: COPY artpilt (id,
toode, pilt,
pildityyp, esipil
t) FROM stdin;
LOG:  SSL renegotiation failure
LOG:  SSL failed to send renegotiation request
LOG:  SSL renegotiation failure
LOG:  SSL error: unsafe legacy renegotiation disabled
LOG:  could not send data to client: Connection reset by peer
LOG:  SSL error: unsafe legacy renegotiation disabled
LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by
peer
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Oct 2, 2010 at 8:43 pm

    Andrus Moor writes:
    How to restore 450 MB backup copy to Postgres 9.0 Linux server from
    windows server using SSL ?
    Either (1) get a non-lobotomized SSL library, or (2) set
    ssl_renegotiation_limit to zero in the server.

    regards, tom lane
  • Andrus Moor at Oct 2, 2010 at 9:01 pm
    Either (1) get a non-lobotomized SSL library
    I'm using latest official Postgres 9.0 server and pgAdmin client.
    Does one of them contain bug in SSL ?
    Andrus.
  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 20, 2010 at 9:22 pm

    Andrus Moor wrote:
    Either (1) get a non-lobotomized SSL library
    I'm using latest official Postgres 9.0 server and pgAdmin client.
    Does one of them contain bug in SSL??
    Uh, we don't ship SSL in the server. We ship code that _uses_ ssl, so I
    would look at your operating system to see what version of SSL you have,
    and perhaps update that.

    EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

  • Andrus at Oct 21, 2010 at 11:35 am

    Uh, we don't ship SSL in the server.
    We ship code that _uses_ ssl, so I
    would look at your operating system to see what version of SSL you have,
    and perhaps update that.
    I installed postgres 9.0 RC in Windows from official link and looked into
    bin:

    Directory of C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin

    15.11.2009 16:37 200_704 ssleay32.dll
    15.11.2009 16:37 1_017_344 libeay32.dll

    How to update them so that they match with linux server ?

    Andrus.
  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 21, 2010 at 1:40 pm

    Andrus wrote:
    Uh, we don't ship SSL in the server.
    We ship code that _uses_ ssl, so I
    would look at your operating system to see what version of SSL you have,
    and perhaps update that.
    I installed postgres 9.0 RC in Windows from official link and looked into
    bin:

    Directory of C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin

    15.11.2009 16:37 200_704 ssleay32.dll
    15.11.2009 16:37 1_017_344 libeay32.dll

    How to update them so that they match with linux server ?
    Oh, interesting. So we install SSL with our Win32 install, and I assume
    that is a new/correct version of ssl.

    Dave, this person says they are getting disconnected regularly and we
    thought it was ssl renegotiation, but not I am unclear what is causing
    the disconnection.

    EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

  • Dave Page at Oct 21, 2010 at 2:05 pm

    would look at your operating system to see what version of SSL you have,
    and perhaps update that.
    I installed postgres 9.0 RC in Windows from official link and looked into
    bin:

    Directory of C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin

    15.11.2009  16:37           200_704 ssleay32.dll
    15.11.2009  16:37         1_017_344 libeay32.dll

    How to update them so that they match with linux server ?
    Oh, interesting.  So we install SSL with our Win32 install, and I assume
    that is a new/correct version of ssl.

    Dave, this person says they are getting disconnected regularly and we
    thought it was ssl renegotiation, but not I am unclear what is causing
    the disconnection.
    It's possible - it depends on what version of OpenSSL was available at
    the time we started testing 9.0.

    Dharmendra, can you please check and upgrade the build servers if necessary?

    --
    Dave Page
    Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

    The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company