I thought you could use 8.3.* tools against any 8.3.* database, is this
not correct? I'm getting the following errors:

pg_dumpall -g -p 5436 -h matrix

server version: 8.3.7; pg_dumpall version: 8.3.6
aborting because of version mismatch (Use the -i option to proceed anyway.)

Would using the '-i' option be safe in this case?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson

Search Discussions

  • Vivek Khera at Jun 30, 2010 at 6:23 pm

    I thought you could use 8.3.* tools against any 8.3.* database, is this not
    correct?  I'm getting the following errors:

    pg_dumpall -g -p 5436 -h matrix

    server version: 8.3.7; pg_dumpall version: 8.3.6
    aborting because of version mismatch  (Use the -i option to proceed anyway.)

    Would using the '-i' option be safe in this case?
    Chances are it will be fine. I don't think the developers will
    guarantee anything except doing a dump from a version >= to your
    server version, though.

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 30, '10 at 6:16p