I have a fairly large data warehouse in Greenplum, and am having trouble tracking object changes.
I need to

1. Know when an object was changed, by who.

2. Have some logging about when an object was dropped - especially drop cascade.

Currently I'm having a problem with a set of disappearing views. We're still in pre-prod environment, but

Any suggestions?

I'd like

1. PG to timestamp the catalog tables

2. Permit triggers on catalog objects.

Doug Little

Sr. Data Warehouse Architect | Enterprise Data Management | Orbitz Worldwide
500 W. Madison, Suite 1000 Chicago IL 60661| Office 312.260.2588 | Fax 312.894.5164 | Cell 847-997-5741
Douglas.Little@orbitz.com
[cid:image001.jpg@01CAF759.01607890] orbitz.com<http://www.orbitz.com/> | ebookers.com<http://www.ebookers.com/> | hotelclub.com<http://www.hotelclub.com/> | cheaptickets.com<http://www.cheaptickets.com/> | ratestogo.com<http://www.ratestogo.com/> | asiahotels.com<http://www.asiahotels.com/>

Search Discussions

  • Joshua D. Drake at May 19, 2010 at 8:19 pm

    I have a fairly large data warehouse in Greenplum, and am having
    trouble tracking object changes.
    Depends on Greenplum I would assume. I don't know how compatible they
    are with .Org anymore. You might look at table_log

    Joshua D. Drake

    --
    PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
  • Steve Atkins at May 19, 2010 at 8:19 pm

    I have a fairly large data warehouse in Greenplum, and am having trouble tracking object changes.
    I need to
    1. Know when an object was changed, by who.
    2. Have some logging about when an object was dropped – especially drop cascade.

    Currently I’m having a problem with a set of disappearing views. We’re still in pre-prod environment, but

    Any suggestions?
    Take it up with your vendor. That's what you're paying them for, and they're the only ones who are
    likely to understand how their product works.

    If you were using postgresql I'd suggest looking at the log_statement and log_line_prefix
    options, to see if tracking DDL that way were adequate for what you need.

    Cheers,
    Steve

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql