My hba file has:

local all postgres md5
host all admin 127.0.0.1/32 md5
host all dbuser 127.0.0.1/32 md5

But that still allows users other than postgres to attempt to login as postgres. Is there any way I can limit access to the postgres user specified as being logged in as postgres?

gvim

Search Discussions

  • John R Pierce at Apr 15, 2010 at 11:30 pm

    gvim wrote:
    My hba file has:

    local all postgres md5
    host all admin 127.0.0.1/32 md5
    host all dbuser 127.0.0.1/32 md5

    But that still allows users other than postgres to attempt to login as
    postgres. Is there any way I can limit access to the postgres user
    specified as being logged in as postgres?

    on the first line (and only the first line), change md5 to ident
    sameuser [leave sameuser off on 8.4]

    then the postgres user can only log on as himself and noone else can.

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 15, '10 at 11:15p
activeApr 15, '10 at 11:30p