I decided on a 'Hybrid Server' approach. I will be piping the BLOBS directly out of the filesystem using HTTP from a 'nginx' server. I *MAY* store the 'real filename' in the database, but I definitely will be storing permissions in the database.

I've done EASILY 2 months worth of research and experiments in order to come to the solution that I am using. In order to share that with the Open Source world, I am posting my blog address to the related newsgroups that I'm on.

http://php-rest-i18n.blogspot.com/

Comment, save yourself some research, etc.

Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
----------------
EARTH has a Right To Life

I agree with Bolivian President Evo Morales

# The right to life: "The right for no ecosystem to be eliminated by the irresponsible acts of human beings."

# The right of biosystems to regenerate themselves: "Development cannot be infinite. There's a limit on everything."

# The right to a clean life: "The right for Mother Earth to live without contamination, pollution. Fish and animals and trees have rights."

# The right to harmony and balance between everyone and everything: "We are all interdependent."

See the movie - 'Inconvenient Truth'
See the movie - 'Syriana'

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql