Hi Gurus,

My Client gave me data in .dat format for each table,
which is in postgresql in linux environment
I want to table data in windows environment

Thanks in Advance,
Ramu

Search Discussions

  • John R Pierce at Jul 31, 2009 at 5:18 am

    Rama Mohan Reddy wrote:
    Hi Gurus,

    My Client gave me data in .dat format for each table,
    which is in postgresql in linux environment
    I want to table data in windows environment
    I'd suggest taking a look at those .dat files, see if they are in fact
    CSV or SQL or what. for instance, in a CMD prompt window...

    type somefile.dat | more

    just the first couple lines of one of these files should show enough.
    if they are some kind of raw binary data, than i dunno what you could do
    with them. if they are in a CSV format, you should be able to import
    them into almost anything, like postgres on windows, Microsoft SQL
    Server, Access, even Excel.

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 31, '09 at 5:05a
activeJul 31, '09 at 5:18a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

John R Pierce: 1 post Rama Mohan Reddy: 1 post