On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Brian Troutwinewrote:
*) use indexes to optimize where and join conditions.  for example,
update yadda set yadda where foo = bar, make sure that there is an
index on foo.  As alan noted this is almost definitely your problem.
To my knowledge, I have. amazon_items.isbn does not have an index but
it is not used, unless I'm overlooking something, in a where
condition. item_details.isbn is and does, however.
*) use varchar, not char (always).
Why?
char(n) included the padding up to 'n' both on disk and in data
returned. It's slower and can be wasteful.

Did you figure out your issue? I'm pretty sure its an index issue or
some other basic optimization problem.

merlin

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql