Windows XP, Using Delphi 7 ADO SQL Query Component to Drop/Delete a
Column from a simple table.
When I then try to query the table I get this error:

"Bind message has 6 results formats but query has 5 columns"

Obviously I need to refresh the connection or table but how?

I have tried
ADOConnection.Connected:=False;
ADOConnection.Connected:=True;

SQLTable.Close;
SQLTable.Open;

SQLTable.Fieldefs.Refresh;

All to no avial.

What is my solution to this?? Your contrib would be highly
aprreciated.

Search Discussions

  • Teemu Juntunen at Dec 30, 2008 at 9:41 am
    Hi,

    I am using Delphi 2007 and turining property active false/true on
    table/query component will refresh the component (and its fields). If you
    are really using this query to drop columns of a table, then you shouldn't
    add the fields of the table in the query component. After dropping a column
    you could have a select result of 5 columns and fields for 6 columns.

    Best regards,
    Teemu Juntunen

    Windows XP, Using Delphi 7 ADO SQL Query Component to Drop/Delete a
    Column from a simple table.
    When I then try to query the table I get this error:

    "Bind message has 6 results formats but query has 5 columns"

    Obviously I need to refresh the connection or table but how?

    I have tried
    ADOConnection.Connected:=False;
    ADOConnection.Connected:=True;

    SQLTable.Close;
    SQLTable.Open;

    SQLTable.Fieldefs.Refresh;

    All to no avial.

    What is my solution to this?? Your contrib would be highly
    aprreciated.

  • J Ottery at Jan 2, 2009 at 10:18 am

[...]

    Thank. I am nott adding fields in the query, just dropping one column
    then trying to query the whole table again
    As you stated "After dropping a column you could have a select result
    of 5 columns and fields for 6 columns" is what is happening.
    turining property active false/true on is not fixing this.
    Any suggestions??

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedDec 27, '08 at 6:17a
activeJan 2, '09 at 10:18a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

J Ottery: 2 posts Teemu Juntunen: 1 post