Thank you all!

Juliano

Search Discussions

  • Tomasz Ostrowski at Aug 18, 2008 at 9:28 am

    On 2008-08-14 20:03, juliano.freitas@ati.pe.gov.br wrote:

    I'd like to ask you about some experience in managing huge databases which
    store mostly binary files.
    Do you mean BYTEA or large objects? Both have pros and cons.
    We're developing a system which is likely to grow up to terabytes in
    some years and I'd like to hear something from people who really
    administrate these kinds of databases.
    I do not really administrate this kind of database, but I see one
    serious problem - a major version upgrade would be very hard.

    A filesystem storage with metadata stored in a database would be much
    better.

    Pozdrawiam
    Tometzky
    --
    Best of prhn - najzabawniejsze teksty polskiego UseNet-u
    http://prhn.dnsalias.org/

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 14, '08 at 6:14p