Hi all

If I don't use the --oids option when dumping a database with pg_dump,
can I assure that the "loid" field of the pg_largeobject table will keep
it's value when restoring?

Thanks in advance

Norberto

Search Discussions

  • Gurjeet Singh at Dec 2, 2007 at 3:49 am
    Why not give it a try once? Dump and restore once and see for yourself.
    You'd have done that by now, but if you haven't do give it a try instead of
    waiting any more. You may learn a thing or two in the process...

    Best regards,
    --
    gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
    singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com

    17° 29' 34.37"N, 78° 30' 59.76"E - Hyderabad
    18° 32' 57.25"N, 73° 56' 25.42"E - Pune
    37° 47' 19.72"N, 122° 24' 1.69" W - San Francisco *

    Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device
    If I don't use the --oids option when dumping a database with pg_dump,
    can I assure that the "loid" field of the pg_largeobject table will keep
    it's value when restoring?

    Thanks in advance

    Norberto

    TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
  • Norberto Delle at Dec 3, 2007 at 11:24 am
    Gurjeet Singh wrote: Why not give it a try once? Dump and restore once and see for yourself.
    You'd have done that by now, but if you haven't do give it a try instead of waiting any more. You
    may learn a thing or two in the process...

    On 11/29/07, Norberto Delle wrote: Hi all

    If I don't use the --oids option when dumping a database with pg_dump,
    can I assure that the "loid" field of the pg_largeobject table will keep
    it's value when restoring?

    Of course, I already done that. I'm using pgAdmin to make database backups\restores, without
    checking the "With OIDs" option and it
    works well for the most of the cases. But sometimes referenced large objects are not found
    after the restore, that's is why I'm asking.
  • Norberto Delle at Dec 3, 2007 at 11:31 am

    Gurjeet Singh wrote:
    Why not give it a try once? Dump and restore once and see for
    yourself. You'd have done that by now, but if you haven't do give it a
    try instead of waiting any more. You may learn a thing or two in the
    process...

    If I don't use the --oids option when dumping a database with
    pg_dump,
    can I assure that the "loid" field of the pg_largeobject table
    will keep
    it's value when restoring?
    Of course, I already done that. I'm using pgAdmin to make database
    backups\restores, without checking the "With OIDs" option and it
    works well for the most of the cases. But sometimes referenced large
    objects are not found after the restore, that's is why I'm asking.

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 29, '07 at 7:23p
activeDec 3, '07 at 11:31a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Norberto Delle: 3 posts Gurjeet Singh: 1 post