I tried to connect OpenOffice 2.1 Base (win32) via ODBCng to a PG 8.1.5
database.

While it lists schemas, tables and views just fine, I'm unable to edit
data. OO always returns:

The data content could not be loaded
Invalid descritor index
SQL Status: 07009
You tried to set a parameter at position 1 but there is/are only 0
parameter(s) allowed. One reason may be that the property
"ParameterNameSubstitution" is not set to TRUE in the data source.

Where is the problem?

Hannes Dorbath

Search Discussions

  • Richard Huxton at Feb 23, 2007 at 2:18 pm

    Hannes Dorbath wrote:
    I tried to connect OpenOffice 2.1 Base (win32) via ODBCng to a PG 8.1.5
    database.
    The data content could not be loaded
    Invalid descritor index
    SQL Status: 07009
    You tried to set a parameter at position 1 but there is/are only 0
    parameter(s) allowed. One reason may be that the property
    "ParameterNameSubstitution" is not set to TRUE in the data source.
    You'll probably need to activate query logging on the server, that way
    people can see the SQL that is being sent.

    --
    Richard Huxton
    Archonet Ltd

    Hannes Dorbath wrote:
    I tried to connect OpenOffice 2.1 Base (win32) via ODBCng to a PG 8.1.5
    database.

    While it lists schemas, tables and views just fine, I'm unable to edit
    data. OO always returns:

    The data content could not be loaded
    Invalid descritor index
    SQL Status: 07009
    You tried to set a parameter at position 1 but there is/are only 0
    parameter(s) allowed. One reason may be that the property
    "ParameterNameSubstitution" is not set to TRUE in the data source.

    Where is the problem?
    This should be addressed on the odbcng list:

    I actually don't have an answer to your question except to say, I can
    not duplicate it on OpenOffice for Linux.

    Sincerely,

    Joshua D. Drake

    http://www.commandprompt.com/

grouppgsql-general @