I've a problem with my postgresql database
Version : 7.2.4

Os: Mandrake Linux release 8.2 Kernel 2.4.20

I get this king of error
ERROR: XLogFlush: request 14D/F77EFE94 is not satisfied --- flushed only to
14D/F75CD1B0

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Sep 14, 2005 at 2:29 pm

    "philip johnson" <philip.johnson@atempo.com> writes:
    I've a problem with my postgresql database
    Version : 7.2.4
    That's an awfully old version, with a lot of known problems. You should
    at least be running 7.2.8, and preferably thinking about an update to a
    newer release series.
    I get this king of error
    ERROR: XLogFlush: request 14D/F77EFE94 is not satisfied --- flushed only to
    14D/F75CD1B0
    Is the error reproducible after restarting the postmaster? If so it may
    be something similar to what was reported here:
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-09/msg00056.php
    but we haven't been able to track down the original cause :-(

    regards, tom lane
  • Philip johnson at Sep 14, 2005 at 3:00 pm
    I know.
    I'm working on an upgrade to postgresql 8.0.3
    The big deal is to migrate openfts with tsearch V1 to new version.

    I've tried to use pg_resetxlog, but not successful. The I've tried to
    reindex the database. Same problem.

    Now I came back to a normal state with a backup of the database from this
    morning and launch my synchronization with the master database.

    I think that the upgrade will be done next week

    Thanks
    I've a problem with my postgresql database
    Version : 7.2.4
    That's an awfully old version, with a lot of known problems. You should
    at least be running 7.2.8, and preferably thinking about an update to a
    newer release series.
    I get this king of error
    ERROR: XLogFlush: request 14D/F77EFE94 is not satisfied --- flushed only to
    14D/F75CD1B0
    Is the error reproducible after restarting the postmaster? If so it may
    be something similar to what was reported here:
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-09/msg00056.php
    but we haven't been able to track down the original cause :-(

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedSep 14, '05 at 11:56a
activeSep 14, '05 at 3:00p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Philip johnson: 2 posts Tom Lane: 1 post