Hello,
I have a query, which is quite big and there is a huge difference
between execution time in MySQL and PostgreSQL. I think that I have made
all possible steps to increase the speed of the query, but unfortunately
it is still about 100 times slower. I'm out of ideas what to do next,
so maybe you will point me what shall I do. In the attachment I send you
the result of "explain analyze".

I will be appreciated for any help. Thanks in advance.

ML

Search Discussions

  • Gaetano Mendola at Aug 20, 2004 at 11:43 am

    Marek Lewczuk wrote:

    Hello,
    I have a query, which is quite big and there is a huge difference
    between execution time in MySQL and PostgreSQL. I think that I have made
    all possible steps to increase the speed of the query, but unfortunately
    it is still about 100 times slower. I'm out of ideas what to do next,
    so maybe you will point me what shall I do. In the attachment I send you
    the result of "explain analyze".

    I will be appreciated for any help. Thanks in advance.
    Where is the query ?
    Also tables definition could help.

    The first look suggest that the statistics are not up to date or you
    have to increase your default_statistics_target.

    337 rows vs 3618 rows

    Regards
    Gaetano Mendola
  • Dann Corbit at Aug 20, 2004 at 8:32 pm
    If you supply the following:

    1. The schema (including available indexes) for each table in the query
    2. The actual query
    3. The row counts for the tables via select count(*)

    I suspect that someone can formulate a query that is as fast as you
    need.

    I have a query, which is quite big and there is a huge difference
    between execution time in MySQL and PostgreSQL. I think that
    I have made
    all possible steps to increase the speed of the query, but
    unfortunately
    it is still about 100 times slower. I'm out of ideas what
    to do next,
    so maybe you will point me what shall I do. In the attachment
    I send you
    the result of "explain analyze".

    I will be appreciated for any help. Thanks in advance.

    ML

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 20, '04 at 9:01a