Hi,

Help me pls a little with locals in postgres 7.3.4

why "order by" and "like" doesnt work in 7.3.4 properly? - im working
with ALT server local settings.

in 7.2.xx all this things worked well .

Thank u . and have a nice day!

Igor.

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Nov 21, 2003 at 3:19 pm

    igor writes:
    why "order by" and "like" doesnt work in 7.3.4 properly? - im working
    with ALT server local settings.
    in 7.2.xx all this things worked well .
    Most likely you forgot to select the right locale settings before
    initdb'ing the 7.3 installation. pg_controldata can help you check
    what locale is in force in the database.

    regards, tom lane
  • Igor at Nov 24, 2003 at 9:00 am
    Thank u for hint it really helped me - I made initdb with new lc-ctype
    and lc-collate
    settings : ru_RU:UTF8.
    But im having one question - some functions - lower() and upper()
    doesnt work properly . what im doing wrong?

    Tom Lane wrote:
    igor <root@osb368.nnov.ru> writes:

    why "order by" and "like" doesnt work in 7.3.4 properly? - im working
    with ALT server local settings.
    in 7.2.xx all this things worked well .
    Most likely you forgot to select the right locale settings before
    initdb'ing the 7.3 installation. pg_controldata can help you check
    what locale is in force in the database.

    regards, tom lane

  • Igor at Nov 24, 2003 at 9:27 am
    Thank u for hint it really helped me - I made initdb with new lc-ctype
    and lc-collate
    settings : ru_RU:UTF8.
    But im still having one question - some functions - lower() and upper()

    Tom Lane wrote:
    igor <root@osb368.nnov.ru> writes:

    why "order by" and "like" doesnt work in 7.3.4 properly? - im working
    with ALT server local settings.
    in 7.2.xx all this things worked well .

    Most likely you forgot to select the right locale settings before
    initdb'ing the 7.3 installation. pg_controldata can help you check
    what locale is in force in the database.

    regards, tom lane

  • Tom Lane at Nov 24, 2003 at 1:34 pm

    igor writes:
    Thank u for hint it really helped me - I made initdb with new lc-ctype
    and lc-collate
    settings : ru_RU:UTF8.
    But im still having one question - some functions - lower() and upper()
    doesnt work properly . what im doing wrong?
    We don't have any support for upper() and lower() in multibyte character
    encodings, such as UTF8. You need to use a single-byte encoding (and a
    locale setting to match, of course).

    Yeah, I know this sucks :-(. I think Peter Eisentraut is looking into
    fixing it for 7.5.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql