I am trying to setup tsearch2 on postgresql 7.3.4 on a Redhat9 system,
installed from rpms.

There seemed to be some files required for installation of tsearch
missing so I downloaded the src bundle too.

Tsearch2 then compiled ok but now the command:

psql mydb < tsearch2.sql

fails with a message along the lines of:
unable to stat $libdir/tsearch2 no such file

I read up on valena.com about what $libdir was, but there's no mention
of how to find out what the value of $libdior is.

how do i find out where $libdir is for the current install?

what files do i need to move into $libdir directory to get tsearch2 up
and running?

Thanks!

  • Teodor Sigaev at Aug 6, 2003 at 11:08 am
    Did you make install?

    --
    Teodor Sigaev E-mail: teodor@sigaev.ru
  • Paul Thomas at Aug 6, 2003 at 11:35 am

    I am trying to setup tsearch2 on postgresql 7.3.4 on a Redhat9 system,
    installed from rpms.

    There seemed to be some files required for installation of tsearch
    missing so I downloaded the src bundle too.

    Tsearch2 then compiled ok but now the command:

    psql mydb < tsearch2.sql

    fails with a message along the lines of:
    unable to stat $libdir/tsearch2 no such file

    I read up on valena.com about what $libdir was, but there's no mention
    of how to find out what the value of $libdior is.

    how do i find out where $libdir is for the current install?

    what files do i need to move into $libdir directory to get tsearch2 up
    and running?

    Thanks!

    I just tried a make/make install using 7.3.3 sources. I think the problem
    is that the make file copies the .so to /usr/lib/postgresql which might
    not be in your lib path.

    HTH

    --
    Paul Thomas
    Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for the Smaller

    I have done make install.

    tsearch2.so is located at
    /usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so

    which is the same directory as fti.so which works.

    still confused!
[...]

  • Teodor Sigaev at Aug 6, 2003 at 1:54 pm
    Did you compile tsearch2 in contrib directory of pgsql's source tree which was
    used for install postgresql?

    Is postgresql istalled at /usr/local/pgsql ?

    psql-mail@freeuk.com wrote:
[...]

  • Tom Lane at Aug 6, 2003 at 2:46 pm

    psql-mail@freeuk.com writes:
    tsearch2.so is located at
    /usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so
    which is the same directory as fti.so which works.
    There may be *an* fti.so there, but it's not necessarily the same one
    Postgres is using.

    Try "pg_config --pkglibdir" to find out where $libdir really points.

    regards, tom lane
  • Psql-mail at Aug 6, 2003 at 3:34 pm
    Sorted - thank you all.

    pg_config --pkglibdir
    /usr/lib/pgsql

    cp -r PG_SRC_DIR/contrib/tsearch* /usr/lib/pgsql

    psql mydb < tsearch2.sql

    Works!

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql