Just got stuck in the v7.2->v7.3 load:

4672: ERROR: TypeCreate: function int4out(lo) does not exist

lo being the type to keep psqlodbc happy when importing M$ access files. The
old definition was:

--
-- TOC entry 2 (OID 229586)
-- Name: lo; Type: TYPE; Schema: ; Owner: prlw1

CREATE TYPE lo (
INTERNALLENGTH = 4,
INPUT = int4in,
OUTPUT = int4out,
DEFAULT = '',
ALIGNMENT = int4,
STORAGE = plain,
PASSEDBYVALUE
);

Suggestions? (Is my lo defn out of date, or maybe psqlodbc?)

Cheers,

Patrick

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Sep 25, 2002 at 8:11 pm

    Patrick Welche writes:
    lo being the type to keep psqlodbc happy when importing M$ access files. The
    old definition was:
    CREATE TYPE lo (
    INTERNALLENGTH = 4,
    INPUT = int4in,
    OUTPUT = int4out,
    Hm. The system doesn't tolerate type cheats like that anymore
    (and the code was wrong anyway, since it should've been using
    oidin/oidout).

    I guess we'll have to fix the contrib/lo module. Thanks for the
    report...

    regards, tom lane
  • Patrick Welche at Sep 25, 2002 at 8:26 pm

    lo being the type to keep psqlodbc happy when importing M$ access files. The
    old definition was:
    CREATE TYPE lo (
    INTERNALLENGTH = 4,
    INPUT = int4in,
    OUTPUT = int4out,
    Hm. The system doesn't tolerate type cheats like that anymore
    (and the code was wrong anyway, since it should've been using
    oidin/oidout).

    I guess we'll have to fix the contrib/lo module. Thanks for the
    report...
    I didn't know about contrib/lo - the above was in a FAQ - I think where
    you get the psqlodbc driver from..

    Cheers,

    Patrick
  • Patrick Welche at Sep 25, 2002 at 9:56 pm

    lo being the type to keep psqlodbc happy when importing M$ access files. The
    old definition was:
    CREATE TYPE lo (
    INTERNALLENGTH = 4,
    INPUT = int4in,
    OUTPUT = int4out,
    Hm. The system doesn't tolerate type cheats like that anymore
    (and the code was wrong anyway, since it should've been using
    oidin/oidout).

    I guess we'll have to fix the contrib/lo module. Thanks for the
    report...
    I didn't know about contrib/lo - the above was in a FAQ - I think where
    you get the psqlodbc driver from..
    And contrib/lo works :-)

    patrimoine=# \i lo.sql
    psql:lo.sql:14: WARNING: ProcedureCreate: type lo is not yet defined
    CREATE FUNCTION
    psql:lo.sql:20: WARNING: Argument type "lo" is only a shell
    CREATE FUNCTION
    CREATE TYPE
    CREATE FUNCTION
    CREATE FUNCTION
    CREATE FUNCTION
    CREATE FUNCTION

    and OpenOffice/Data sources -> odbc -> patrimoine worked.

    Thanks,

    Patrick

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedSep 25, '02 at 7:22p
activeSep 25, '02 at 9:56p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Patrick Welche: 3 posts Tom Lane: 1 post