Hi,

Does anyone know how postgres/ postmaster handles the
situation where the physical hard disk space is full ?
Does it crash / corrupt the database, or does it
cleanly exit with appopriate message so that relevant
tables can be pruned (by the user) to free up disk
space and get it working again ?

Thanks,
Rini

a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Search Discussions

  • Diehl, Jeffrey at Feb 24, 2001 at 3:32 am
    I happen to know this very well... It handles things very gracefully as far
    as I can tell. I complains that it can't extend the table and bails out of
    the transaction. I just wish it didn't happen so often... <grin>

    Mike Diehl,
    Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
    284-3137
    jdiehl@sandia.gov

    Does anyone know how postgres/ postmaster handles the
    situation where the physical hard disk space is full ?
    Does it crash / corrupt the database, or does it
    cleanly exit with appopriate message so that relevant
    tables can be pruned (by the user) to free up disk
    space and get it working again ?

    Thanks,
    Rini

    a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
  • Rini Dutta at Feb 24, 2001 at 3:34 am
    Thanks ! I'm using JDBC to insert into the tables.
    Would it throw an SQLException in such a situation ?

    Rini

    --- "Diehl, Jeffrey" wrote:
    I happen to know this very well... It handles
    things very gracefully as far
    as I can tell. I complains that it can't extend the
    table and bails out of
    the transaction. I just wish it didn't happen so
    often... <grin>

    Mike Diehl,
    Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
    284-3137
    jdiehl@sandia.gov

    Does anyone know how postgres/ postmaster handles the
    situation where the physical hard disk space is full ?
    Does it crash / corrupt the database, or does it
    cleanly exit with appopriate message so that relevant
    tables can be pruned (by the user) to free up disk
    space and get it working again ?

    Thanks,
    Rini

    a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 24, '01 at 3:31a
activeFeb 24, '01 at 3:34a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Rini Dutta: 2 posts Diehl, Jeffrey: 1 post