I couldn't find anything in the man page about this -- does psql check for
~/.psql or anything so I don't have to manually --pset pager=off every time
I run it? If there is such a file, what is the format for specifying
options?

-Jonathan

Search Discussions

  • Ashley Clark at Nov 2, 2000 at 4:34 am
    * Jonathan Ellis in "[GENERAL] psql defaults file?" dated 2000/11/01
    I couldn't find anything in the man page about this -- does psql
    check for ~/.psql or anything so I don't have to manually
    --pset pager=off every time I run it? If there is such a file, what
    is the format for specifying options?
    Check the psql(1) man page again. psql reads ~/.psqlrc, and the format
    is the same as if you were typing directly in psql.

    --
    really shack

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 1, '00 at 5:10p
activeNov 2, '00 at 4:34a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Jonathan Ellis: 1 post Ashley Clark: 1 post