phpPgAdmin 3.0 Released
---------------------------

3rd July 2003

The phpPgAdmin project is pleased to announce the final 3.0 release.

phpPgAdmin 3.0 has been rewritten from scratch over the last year in order
to address many of the problems with the 2.4 codebase. In particular,
phpPgAdmin is now largely immune to your PHP settings regarding
register_globals and magic_quotes.

Now that we have a solid base with good functionality, we will move toward
adding more advanced features in 3.1 and beyond.

Download: http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/

Usable demo: http://phppgadmin.kattare.com/phppgadmin3/

New features
--------------

* Excellent language support. All translations are pre-converted to HTML
Unicode, so there is no problem viewing a Russian database with Japanese
translations. Available in 14 languages.
* Full support for PostgreSQL 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4-dev.
* Colocation features that allow you to hide certain features.
* Manage all aspects of:
- Users & Groups
- Databases
- Schemas
- Tables, indexes, constraints, rules, triggers and privileges
- Views, sequences, functions and types
- Reports
* Easy data manipulation:
- Browse tables, views & reports
- Execute arbitrary SQL
- Select, insert, update and delete
* Dump table data in a variety of formats:
- SQL, COPY, XML, CSV, tabbed
* Looks great!
* Very easy to install and use.

Quotes
-------

"I've not used it for a fair number of years until today. It's very
complete, is smooth to use, and feels nice and speedy.

Excellent job."

- Rod Taylor, PostgreSQL developer

Search Discussions

  • Christopher Kings-Lynne at Jul 9, 2003 at 4:12 am
    Sorry to have to followup to those who aren't interested, but I neglected to
    include the demo server username and password. The details for the demo
    are:

    Host: http://phppgadmin.kattare.com/phppgadmin3/
    Username: phppgadmin
    Password: webdb