Hi guys,

I have been talking a bit today with Susanne on the European IRC
channel about printing generic PostgreSQL t-shirts to be given / sold by
European groups during PostgreSQL meetings/conferences/events. These
shirts will be on black or blue shirts (good quality) with the
PostgreSQL logo and written.

Unless we find a sponsor that is willing to pay for 500 t-shirts
(this is the initial amount we may think of producing), I suggest that
every group is responsible for financing each part. The Italian group
can take the responsibility to produce them for everyone.

I was thinking of getting 100 shirts for the Italian group out of the
500. I believe the German group is able to pay for 100 shirts, and I
hope the French one is able to get another 100 shirts. This way, we will
only have to find buyers for the remaining 200 shirts.

The cost for 500 t-shirts is approximately 3.2 euro each plus taxes
(20%).

Please let me know. Thanks.

Ciao,
Gabriele

P.S.: I was wondering though, if the PostgreSQL fundraising group can
help us - even partly - with this initiative.

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, IWA/HWG Member
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy

Search Discussions

  • Josh Berkus at Mar 18, 2007 at 10:13 pm
    Gabrielle,
    P.S.: I was wondering though, if the PostgreSQL fundraising group can
    help us - even partly - with this initiative.
    I, personally, think we should. Too bad it's not practical to do a
    unified printing and ship 100-200 shirts to the US. :-(

    Now the tough question with the shirts: the design ...

    --Josh Berkus
  • Gabriele Bartolini at Mar 19, 2007 at 7:21 pm
    Hi Josh,
    I, personally, think we should. Too bad it's not practical to do a
    unified printing and ship 100-200 shirts to the US. :-(
    Unless ... you put them in your suitcase when you return to the US after
    the PGDay. :)
    Now the tough question with the shirts: the design ...
    I can ask the designer to come up with some ideas. Any preference? I was
    thinking of simply using the official logo and the elephant from here:
    http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000089

    The price is for one single side (front/back) print, two colours on a
    145 grams t-shirt. An 150 grams t-shirt print for 500 items is 4.85 euro
    each (plus GST/VAT).

    Ciao,
    Gabriele

    --
    Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, IWA/HWG Member
    Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy
    gabriele.bartolini@gmail.com | www.gabrielebartolini.it
    "If I had been born ugly, you would never have heard of Pelé", George Best
  • Lukas Kahwe Smith at Mar 19, 2007 at 4:47 am

    Gabriele Bartolini wrote:

    The cost for 500 t-shirts is approximately 3.2 euro each plus taxes
    (20%).
    Generally I think you should not skip quality to keep the price low. I
    hate it when the "print" starts falling apart after 1 year (often even
    earlier with these cheap prints on cheap shirts).

    regards,
    Lukas

grouppgsql-advocacy @
categoriespostgresql