Josh, Robert, Koen, all:

We're going to need some new booth stuff for LISA06:

1) I'd like to do a color offset print of Gavin Sherry's marketing flyer.
Gavin, do you have a color separation for this? Can you get one?

2) I want to have a flyer for PostgreSQL 8.2. Can some one compose a 1-page
flyer extolling the features of 8.2 and talking about the release?

3) Would it be possible to get an ISO for a livecd of the 8.2 Beta? I'd like
to burn a handful of them to hand out to selected people, such as the press.
We'll give away the rest of the 8.1 CDs, too.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Search Discussions

  • Josh Berkus at Nov 17, 2006 at 6:52 pm
    All,

    Do we no longer have anyone on this list interested in actually
    *producing* anything? This message (below) got zero responses, as
    opposed to 45+ messages kibitzing about MySQL.

    The advocacy list is supposed to be to drive PostgreSQL advocacy and
    coordinate promotional activities for our group. If this list has
    become strictly a gossip forum, I'll kill it off now.

    We're going to need some new booth stuff for LISA06:

    1) I'd like to do a color offset print of Gavin Sherry's marketing flyer.
    Gavin, do you have a color separation for this? Can you get one?

    2) I want to have a flyer for PostgreSQL 8.2. Can some one compose a 1-page
    flyer extolling the features of 8.2 and talking about the release?

    3) Would it be possible to get an ISO for a livecd of the 8.2 Beta? I'd like
    to burn a handful of them to hand out to selected people, such as the press.
    We'll give away the rest of the 8.1 CDs, too.
    --Josh Berkus
  • Nhrcommu at Nov 17, 2006 at 7:13 pm
    Josh,

    I can't do offset as I don't have the equipment.
    I CAN run xxx off a Xerox Phaser 7700. If you'd like, I can FedEx a
    sample to you, then you can decide if the quality is adequate. Largest
    size is 11" x 17".

    Can also help with "design", though I'd rather leave actual content
    (text) in your's or someone else's hands.

    Contact me off line if you prefer.

    Thanks,
    Mike Ellsworth

[...]

    ---------------------------(end of broadcast)-----------------------
    ----

    http://archives.postgresql.org
  • Josh Berkus at Nov 17, 2006 at 7:32 pm
    Michael,
    I can't do offset as I don't have the equipment.
    I CAN run xxx off a Xerox Phaser 7700. If you'd like, I can FedEx a
    sample to you, then you can decide if the quality is adequate. Largest
    size is 11" x 17".
    Wow, thanks. I wasn't looking for people to print stuff, though, just
    design it.
    Can also help with "design", though I'd rather leave actual content
    (text) in your's or someone else's hands.
    Hey, if you can do layout & graphics even passably well, we very very much
    need you.

    --
    --Josh

    Josh Berkus
    PostgreSQL @ Sun
    San Francisco
  • Nhrcommu at Nov 17, 2006 at 7:49 pm
    I can't do offset as I don't have the equipment.
    I CAN run xxx off a Xerox Phaser 7700. If you'd like, I can FedEx a
    sample to you, then you can decide if the quality is adequate.
    Largest> size is 11" x 17".

    Wow, thanks. I wasn't looking for people to print stuff, though,
    just
    design it.
    Can also help with "design", though I'd rather leave actual content
    (text) in your's or someone else's hands.
    Hey, if you can do layout & graphics even passably well, we very
    very much
    need you.

    --
    --Josh

    Josh Berkus
    PostgreSQL @ Sun
    San Francisco
    No big deal.

    Please point me to *something*, ideally a pdf & I'll
    run a couple and FedEx or Express mail to you.
    Send me your address off list. I'll also need a phone #.

    I'd rather you saw something before you said OK. If it passes the
    ugly-stick test, then we can worry about content & layout shortly after.
    Also, give me an idea on quantity. If it is a big run, I may need to
    order consumables.

    Thanks,
    Mike Ellsworth
  • Mike Ellsworth at Nov 28, 2006 at 4:48 pm
    We'll have 2 pdf's ready (for comment) --- probably end of day tomorrow.

    - #1 will be an 8.5" x 11" --- which is meant to be printed in full
    color, 2-sided and trifolded.
    Designed to be a brief overview and printed in full color. Cover is
    done. Content in-progress.

    - #2 will be 11" x 17", 2 sheets, 8 impressions (8.5x 11), centerfolded
    and stitched, so that finished size would be similar to a magazine.

    Designed to provide:
    a) Complete, organized detail of changess 8.1 --> 8.2
    b) Something for detail oriented people to read as they eagerly await
    the opportunity to actually speak to Josh Berkus. Content and layout
    are done. Cover is in-progress. Can be either color or B&W. B&W
    should be adequate for its intended purpose.

    So -- question is --- when we are done, where do we put it/email it?
    Probably be ~ 2 meg total, maybe less.

    Thanks,
    Mike Ellsworth

    Josh Berkus wrote:
    Michael,

    I can't do offset as I don't have the equipment.
    I CAN run xxx off a Xerox Phaser 7700. If you'd like, I can FedEx a
    sample to you, then you can decide if the quality is adequate. Largest
    size is 11" x 17".
    Wow, thanks. I wasn't looking for people to print stuff, though, just
    design it.

    Can also help with "design", though I'd rather leave actual content
    (text) in your's or someone else's hands.
    Hey, if you can do layout & graphics even passably well, we very very much
    need you.

  • Josh Berkus at Nov 28, 2006 at 4:55 pm
    Mike,
    We'll have 2 pdf's ready (for comment) --- probably end of day tomorrow.
    You're my hero!
    So -- question is --- when we are done, where do we put it/email it?
    Probably be ~ 2 meg total, maybe less.
    I'm making you a developer on the "press" project on pgFoundry. You can
    upload the flyers as using the Documents page:
    http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000047

    --
    Josh Berkus
    PostgreSQL @ Sun