In my pg_hda.conf:
local all
password passwd
host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 password passwd

then made password file using pg_passwd utility and made pg_guest user:

[postgres@turbo data]$ pg_passwd passwd
Username: pg_guest
New password:
Re-enter new password:

[postgres@turbo data]$ more passwd
pg_guest:BNCVMQvaZsLXs

then when i try to connect to database I get this error message:

[postgres@turbo data]$ psql -u temple
Username: pg_guest
Password:

Connection to database 'temple' failed.
FATAL 1: SetUserId: user "pg_guest" is not in "pg_shadow"

Can anyone help me what is the solution for this FATAL 1: SetUserId: user
"pg_guest" is not in "pg_shadow" error?

Thanks in advance.

Search Discussions

  • Peter Mount at May 27, 1998 at 6:33 pm

    host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 password passwd

    then made password file using pg_passwd utility and made pg_guest user:

    [postgres@turbo data]$ pg_passwd passwd
    Username: pg_guest
    New password:
    Re-enter new password:

    [postgres@turbo data]$ more passwd
    pg_guest:BNCVMQvaZsLXs

    then when i try to connect to database I get this error message:

    [postgres@turbo data]$ psql -u temple
    Username: pg_guest
    Password:

    Connection to database 'temple' failed.
    FATAL 1: SetUserId: user "pg_guest" is not in "pg_shadow"

    Can anyone help me what is the solution for this FATAL 1: SetUserId: user
    "pg_guest" is not in "pg_shadow" error?
    Did you create the user using createuser? (other than creating the entry
    in your passwd file)

    --
    Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
    Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

    I didn't make user called pg_guest with createuser, I user pg_passwd to
    create pg_guest and tried to connect postgreSQL with postgres userid.

    :)

    Work Homepage: http://www.maidstone.gov.uk Work EMail:
    peter@maidstone.gov.uk
  • Peter Mount at May 30, 1998 at 12:02 pm