I currently have 2 servers running PostgreSQL 9.0 under FreeBSD
configured with streaming replication.

DB1 is the primary server, and DB2 is the replicated server, which is
used for all of the read only queries.

I am having some hardware issues on DB1 which is affecting its
performance, resulting in data getting queued up.

I would like to change roles on these servers, such that DB1 becomes the
replicated server and DB2 the master server.

This is a production system, so I cannot take any chances of anything
going wrong.

What is the correct procedure for accomplishing this?

If needed, although not preferred, I can take the system offline for a
maintenance window.

Thank you in advance,

Benjamin

Search Discussions

  • Walter Hurry at Apr 22, 2013 at 6:12 pm

    I currently have 2 servers running PostgreSQL 9.0 under FreeBSD
    configured with streaming replication.

    DB1 is the primary server, and DB2 is the replicated server, which is
    used for all of the read only queries.

    I am having some hardware issues on DB1 which is affecting its
    performance, resulting in data getting queued up.

    I would like to change roles on these servers, such that DB1 becomes the
    replicated server and DB2 the master server.

    This is a production system, so I cannot take any chances of anything
    going wrong.

    What is the correct procedure for accomplishing this?
    The correct procedure is to have a test server and test standby so that
    you can test.

grouppgsql-admin @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 22, '13 at 6:07p