psql coon I'm trying to restore a database
that has 60 GB in size, where there is a table with 38 million records,
has raised 18 million records when the restore process fails on a
syntax error, the backup was made with a file. sql as the best way I can do
to restore??

Alexander Angel
Venezuela

  • Szymon Guz at Jun 2, 2010 at 6:07 am
    psql coon I'm trying to restore a database that has 60 GB in size, where
    there is a table with 38 million records, has raised 18 million records when
    the restore process fails on a syntax error, the backup was made with a
    file. sql as the best way I can do to restore??

    Alexander Angel
    Venezuela

    How did you make the backup?

    regards
    Szymon Guz
  • Andreas Schmitz at Jun 2, 2010 at 7:18 am
    hi,

    sounds like a plain text backup. your problem, I guess, will be some
    constraint issue. I suggest commenting out the constraints in the backup
    file before running the restore.

    regards

    andreas

    ALEXANDER JOSE wrote:
    psql coon I'm trying to restore a database that has 60 GB in size,
    where there is a table with 38 million records, has raised 18 million
    records when the restore process fails on a syntax error, the backup
    was made with a file. sql as the best way I can do to restore??

    Alexander Angel
    Venezuela

    Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live
    Spaces. It's easy! Try it!
    <http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us>
  • Eric McKeeth at Jun 3, 2010 at 5:54 am