I installed the dblink module, run dblink.sql to my current database to use the dblink function, but I have not been successful to select a table from a remote database (cross reference).

Whoever knows how to use dblink, please show me the syntax to select another table in a remote database. Thanks a lot!

Jessica

---------------------------------
Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Search Discussions

  • Joe Conway at Apr 18, 2007 at 6:26 am

    Jessica Richard wrote:
    I installed the dblink module, run dblink.sql to my current database to
    use the dblink function, but I have not been successful to select a
    table from a remote database (cross reference).

    Whoever knows how to use dblink, please show me the syntax to select
    another table in a remote database. Thanks a lot!
    See the documentation that comes with dblink, e.g.:
    http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/dblink/doc/query?rev=1.5;content-type=text%2Fplain

    HTH,

    Joe

grouppgsql-admin @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 18, '07 at 12:41a
activeApr 18, '07 at 6:26a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Joe Conway: 1 post Jessica Richard: 1 post