Is there a function (or catalog view) that I can call in psql and that
will tell me host name of the machine on which Postgres database is
running?

Igor

Search Discussions

  • Andy Shellam at Feb 26, 2007 at 3:57 pm

    Igor Neyman wrote:
    Is there a function (or catalog view) that I can call in psql and that
    will tell me host name of the machine on which Postgres database is
    running?

    Igor
    Surely you need to know this to connect to it in the first place?
  • Igor Neyman at Feb 26, 2007 at 4:47 pm
    You are right, wrong question.
    What I really want to know is formulated in my next message.
    Which is: based on program (connected to PG) name find the machine name
    it runs on.

    For those familiar with Oracle, it's program, machine columns in
    v$session view.

    Igor

    Is there a function (or catalog view) that I can call in psql
    and that will tell me host name of the machine on which Postgres
    database is running?

    Igor

    Surely you need to know this to connect to it in the first place?
  • Ray Stell at Feb 26, 2007 at 5:54 pm
    not sure how to resolve the name, but maybe this is close
    enough:

    select usename, client_addr from pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity;