Hi

I tried to load plperl into postgres. But got this error message:

ERROR: Load of file /opt/postgres/7.1.2//lib/plperl.so failed: undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup

I did compile postgres 7.1.2 and perl 5.6.1 on Linux with gcc. All the rest works ok.

My questions:
- is there somebody else having this problem?
- did anybody solve this?

( I checked out also the most recent 7.1.2 from the cvs server, but got the same messages)

Thanks

Philip Markwalder

==============================
Markwalder Philip
Consultant
Philip.Markwalder@trivadis.com

Trivadis AG
Kanalstrasse 5
CH-8152 Glattbrugg
Tel.: +41- 1-808 70 20
Fax : +41- 1-808 70 21
Mobile: +41-79-445 77 87
http://www.trivadis.com
==============================

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Jul 17, 2001 at 4:14 pm

    Markwalder Philip writes:
    I tried to load plperl into postgres. But got this error message:
    ERROR: Load of file /opt/postgres/7.1.2//lib/plperl.so failed: undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup
    Hm. There's no such symbol anywhere in the Postgres sources. My bet is
    that you are seeing a problem with the linker failing to locate the
    additional shared libraries that plperl.so requires --- libperl.so being
    the most obvious one, but maybe there are more in your configuration.

    Check ldconfig and so forth to see if the shared library search path
    is set up correctly.

    regards, tom lane
  • Markwalder Philip at Jul 18, 2001 at 7:42 am
    Hi Tom

    Thanks to your hint.

    The problem in my envirement is, that I don't use the standard perl, so the libperl.so isn't in the default ld.so.conf directories.
    After extending the envirement variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH the createlang command went smooth.

    Thanks

    Philip

    PS: Should have thought of it myself ... :(

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:14:08 -0400

    http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

    ==============================
    Markwalder Philip
    Consultant
    Philip.Markwalder@trivadis.com

    Trivadis AG
    Kanalstrasse 5
    CH-8152 Glattbrugg
    Tel.: +41- 1-808 70 20
    Fax : +41- 1-808 70 21
    Mobile: +41-79-445 77 87
    http://www.trivadis.com

grouppgsql-admin @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 17, '01 at 1:08p
activeJul 18, '01 at 7:42a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Markwalder Philip: 2 posts Tom Lane: 1 post