BTW, Enova is hiring too :)

Begin forwarded message:
From: <mike@zukolabs.com>
Date: September 16, 2010 1:02:52 PM CDT
To: jim@nasby.net
Subject: RE: Know any good Database Engineers/Architects?

Jim,

It's been a while since we last spoke so I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to touch base to ask if you know of any folks of your caliber that are open to exploring new opportunities at this time.

I'm working with an excellent company in Austin that is looking to add a Senior Database Engineer and a Data Warehouse Architect to their team. Ideally they are looking to pay around $110K+ for the Senior Database Engineer and around $130K for the Data Warehouse Architect. A competitive base salary and great benefits are part of the compensation package.

I've included some details below. Please feel free to pass on my information if anyone comes to mind. If I can assist with any questions that come up please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike Zukauskas
ZukoLabs
512.789.9389
mike@zukolabs.com

my LinkedIn Profile - http://www.linkedin.com/in/mzukauskas

Data Warehouse Architect

We are looking for a talented Data Warehouse Architect that thrives in a dynamic and fast paced development environment. In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development and cutting edge technology solutions while partnering with engineering to design, implement and maintain its database systems. If you enjoy working with a team that fosters a proactive and entrepreneurial spirit, embrace a variety of database technologies and tools, and get a kick out of tweaking, configuring and re-configuring databases to ensure the integrity and performance of high visibility data structures, this could be the place for you!
Primary Responsibilities:
Design, implement and operate database systems for performance and reliability.
Build database tools and scripts that enable automation of tasks.
Design and implement measurement systems to assess service delivery and key performance indicators of critical applications.
Work with our BI Team
Administer production and development databases, ensuring maximum availability.
Create, evolve and maintain our three primary data warehouses running on SQL Analysis Services
Determine business requirements, create logical models, build physical models and plan system architecture.
Design and create ETL process, and build OLAP cubes.
Participation in a rotating on-call schedule.
Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience.
5+ years experience in Microsoft SQL Server database & SQL Analysis Services technologies.
Current knowledge of the technology industry, and ability and desire to explore/recommend ways for the business to leverage technology to gain and maintain a competitive advantage.
Expert knowledge of database systems, database design, and database implementation/normalization strategies.
Experience with data warehousing, dimensional modeling, MDX, and OLAP cubes.
Experience in a large high volume production environment
Team player with effective communication and problem solving skills.
Experience in Oracle database administration in Unix/Linux/Windows environment a plus.

Senior Database Engineer

Opportunity:
Our Database Team is looking for a talented Database Engineer who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced development environment. In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of cutting edge technology solutions while partnering with engineering to design, implement and maintain its database systems. If you enjoy working with a team that fosters a proactive and entrepreneurial spirit, embrace a variety of database technologies and tools, and get a kick out of tweaking, configuring and re-configuring databases to ensure the integrity and performance of high visibility data structures, this could be the place for you!

Primary Responsibilities:
* Design, implement and operate database systems for performance and reliability.
* Design and implement measurement systems to assess service delivery and key performance indicators of critical applications.
* Administer production and development databases, ensuring maximum availability.
* Monitor and optimize system performance.
* Determine business requirements, and plan system architecture.
* Participation in a rotating on-call schedule.

Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience.
* 5+ years experience in Oracle database administration in Unix/Linux/Windows environment.
* 5+ years experience in Microsoft SQL Server database administration.
* Current knowledge of the technology industry, and ability and desire to explore/recommend ways for the business to leverage technology to gain and maintain a competitive advantage.
* Expert knowledge of database systems, database design, performance tuning, capacity planning, and database implementation/normalization strategies.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect jim@nasby.net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net

groupaustinpug @