Grokbase Groups Pig user May 2013
I'm trying to set useMatches=false in REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL as per the javadoc:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.0/api/org/apache/pig/builtin/REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL.html
(and yes, I'm using pig 0.11).

But it doesn't work. I'm concerned about this post:
http://grokbase.com/t/pig/user/12b891a55k/boolean-pig-udf-constructor

I can only hope this comment only applies to Pig <= 0.11.... otherwise it's
just cruel to have features impossible to use!

(FWIW, I'll write a UDF that wraps REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL with a string
argument, but that's pretty gross...)

will

Search Discussions

  • William Oberman at May 8, 2013 at 5:31 pm
    I hacked the UDF, but it looks like I'll have to rewrite REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL.
      If I get it working I'll see about submitting a patch.

    I'm tying to match all of my URI query params, but REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL is
    only matching the first one. I think the "if" should be a while...

    I'm using: '([^?=&]+)(?:[&#]|=([^&#]*))'

    will

    I'm trying to set useMatches=false in REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL as per the javadoc:

    http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.0/api/org/apache/pig/builtin/REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL.html
    (and yes, I'm using pig 0.11).

    But it doesn't work. I'm concerned about this post:
    http://grokbase.com/t/pig/user/12b891a55k/boolean-pig-udf-constructor

    I can only hope this comment only applies to Pig <= 0.11.... otherwise
    it's just cruel to have features impossible to use!

    (FWIW, I'll write a UDF that wraps REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL with a string
    argument, but that's pretty gross...)

    will

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop