Grokbase Groups Pig user April 2013

I am just wondering if there is any project that can boost the execution
times of PIG scripts through in memory computing or any other possible way.
Just like there is Shark/IMPALA for Hive, are there similar works done for
PIG ?

Praveen Bysani
http://www.praveenbysani.com

Search Discussions

  • Cheolsoo Park at May 1, 2013 at 4:14 am
    Apparently, Twitter is doing some experiment running Pig on Spark:
    https://twitter.com/squarecog/status/319582090012262400

    I am just wondering if there is any project that can boost the execution
    times of PIG scripts through in memory computing or any other possible way.
    Just like there is Shark/IMPALA for Hive, are there similar works done for
    PIG ?

    Praveen Bysani
    http://www.praveenbysani.com
  • Praveen Bysani at May 1, 2013 at 6:26 pm
    Thank you.

    On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:15 AM, Praveen Bysani <praveen.iiith@gmail.com

    I am just wondering if there is any project that can boost the execution
    times of PIG scripts through in memory computing or any other possible way.
    Just like there is Shark/IMPALA for Hive, are there similar works done for
    PIG ?

    Praveen Bysani
    http://www.praveenbysani.com

    Praveen Bysani
    http://www.praveenbysani.com

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedApr 29, '13 at 9:16a
activeMay 1, '13 at 6:26p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Praveen Bysani: 2 posts Cheolsoo Park: 1 post