Grokbase Groups Pig user April 2013

I want to pass a filter statement with in my pig script using parameter
substitution.

For that I have tried
exec -param flt='a1==1 AND a2=2' filterscript.pig

But sadly it is throwing an exception message
ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 101: Local file
'AND' does not exist.

Pig version - 0.9.2

Any help will be appreciated

-Abhijit

Search Discussions

  • David LaBarbera at Apr 24, 2013 at 2:43 pm
    My first though is to try

    flt='\'a1==1 AND a2=2\''

    but mostly want to recommend running pig with the dry run (-r or -dryrun) flag so you can see how the substitution is being made.

    David
    I want to pass a filter statement with in my pig script using parameter
    substitution.

    For that I have tried
    exec -param flt='a1==1 AND a2=2'filterscript.pig

    But sadly it is throwing an exception message
    ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 101: Local file
    'AND' does not exist.

    Pig version - 0.9.2

    Any help will be appreciated

    -Abhijit
  • Centerqi hu at Apr 24, 2013 at 4:31 pm
    You should pass -param flt="a1==1 AND a2==2"

    --
    centerqi@gmail.com|齐忠
  • Abhijit Chanda at Apr 25, 2013 at 5:42 am

    -Abhijit

    abhijit.chanda@mara-ison.com>

    I want to pass a filter statement with in my pig script using parameter
    substitution.

    For that I have tried
    exec -param flt='a1==1 AND a2=2'filterscript.pig

    But sadly it is throwing an exception message
    ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 101: Local
    file
    'AND' does not exist.

    Pig version - 0.9.2

    Any help will be appreciated

    -Abhijit

    --
    centerqi@gmail.com|齐忠
  • Abhijit Chanda at Apr 25, 2013 at 7:00 am
    Basically i want to know how can i add white space character in a
    param_value in case of parameter substitution?

    Any help will be highly appreciated

    -Abhijit

[...]

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop