Grokbase Groups Pig user March 2013
Hello,

Is it possible to use hadoop fs commands in a pig script?

What i exactly want to do is, at the end of my pig script, after the
execution of store in a file command, I want the pig script to merge the
multiple output files it creates.

So either I can try and execute the hadoop fs -getmerge command in the pig
script, or is there some other way to do it in pig?

I got this idea, since grunt supports hadoop fs commands so I thought maybe
it is possible to somehow execute them from within a pig script file.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanking You,

Ouch Whisper
010101010101

Search Discussions

  • Harsha at Mar 6, 2013 at 2:53 pm
    Hi Panshul,
    You can write "fs -getmerge source destination;" in your pig script.
    Thanks,
    Harsha

    Is it possible to use hadoop fs commands in a pig script?

    What i exactly want to do is, at the end of my pig script, after the
    execution of store in a file command, I want the pig script to merge the
    multiple output files it creates.

    So either I can try and execute the hadoop fs -getmerge command in the pig
    script, or is there some other way to do it in pig?

    I got this idea, since grunt supports hadoop fs commands so I thought maybe
    it is possible to somehow execute them from within a pig script file.

    Any suggestions are welcome.

    Thanking You,

    Ouch Whisper
    010101010101
  • Shashwat shriparv at Mar 6, 2013 at 2:58 pm
    Check out this link

    http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.9.1/cmds.html

    Shashwat Shriparv

    You can write "fs -getmerge source destination;" in your pig
    script.
    Thanks,
    Harsha

    Is it possible to use hadoop fs commands in a pig script?

    What i exactly want to do is, at the end of my pig script, after the
    execution of store in a file command, I want the pig script to merge the
    multiple output files it creates.

    So either I can try and execute the hadoop fs -getmerge command in the pig
    script, or is there some other way to do it in pig?

    I got this idea, since grunt supports hadoop fs commands so I thought maybe
    it is possible to somehow execute them from within a pig script file.

    Any suggestions are welcome.

    Thanking You,

    Ouch Whisper
    010101010101
  • Panshul Whisper at Mar 6, 2013 at 9:16 pm
    Thnx...
    This worked.. and really helped...

    Regards,

[...]

groupuser @